For the past 2 years, as a result of the Covid pandemic, planning events for the year was either impossible or a nightmare !.
- VISIT: Thursday 28th April 10.30am to Rosie Craddock’s garden in Shoscombe – (focusing on community fruit/veg production). SO SUCCESSFUL, a follow-up visit was arranged for Saturday 9th July 10.15am.
- THE PLANT SALE: Saturday 7th May 2pm-3.30pm – return to usual venue of the village hall.
- GARDEN PARTY: Friday 1st July 6.30pm – 9.30pm. OUR HOSTS THIS YEAR: ALICE HARPER & TOM JONES, at The Maltings, Mill Hill. Fantastic views over the Wellow Valley. Open to members and their guests. Members free, their guests £5.00
- THE VILLAGE SHOW: Saturday 3rd September 12 noon – 5pm (incorporating the Flower Show) on the Playing Fields as usual.
- APPLE DAY: Sunday 16th Oct . Village Hall
- TALK: Thursday 27th October 7.30pm Village Hall. “Climate Change Gardening” by Sally Morgan (Cancelled! )
- AGM Thursday 24th November 7.30pm Village Hall
This year, of course, we celebrated two other momentous events: our Queen’s Platinum Jubilee (an extended Bank Holiday weekend in early June), plus St. Julian’s Church has its 650th anniversary.
233total visits,1visits today