Planning events has been either impossible or a nightmare over the past 2 years, as a result of the pandemic. This year, we hope to manage more, and a sense of optimism is starting to emerge! If Covid restrictions are needed, we will put them in place for all our events.
Thursday 31st March 7.30pm, Wellow Village Hall: “Climate Change Gardening” by Sally MorganCANCELLED due to sudden increase in Covid in Wellow! Attempting now to rearrange, if possible.
- VISIT: Thursday 28th April 10.30am to Rosie Craddock’s garden in Shoscombe – (focusing on community fruit/veg production). SO SUCCESSFUL, a follow-up visit has been arranged for Saturday 9th July 10.15am. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend.
- THE PLANT SALE: Saturday 7th May 2pm-3.30pm – return to usual venue of the village hall. Thanks to all who contributed to the event.
- GARDEN PARTY: Friday 1st July 6.30pm – 9.30pm. OUR HOSTS THIS YEAR: ALICE HARPER & TOM JONES, at The Maltings, Mill Hill. Fantastic views over the Wellow Valley. Open to members and their guests. Members free, their guests £5.00
- THE VILLAGE SHOW: Saturday 3rd September 12 noon – 5pm (incorporating the Flower Show) on the Playing Fields as usual. Many thanks to the people who have come forward to make the Show possible this year.
- APPLE DAY: Saturday 22nd or Sunday 23rd Oct (date and time to be confirmed). Station Road Car Park.
With any luck, we can revert to the AGM in November being more of a social gathering in the Village Hall. Details to follow.
This year, of course, we celebrate two other momentous events: our Queen’s Platinum Jubilee (an extended Bank Holiday weekend in early June), plus St. Julian’s Church has its 750th anniversary, with their plans underway for later in the year. We will work with our friends to ensure all events dovetail nicely for the benefit of everyone!
144total visits,1visits today